Oct 31, 2014

Outside again

This afternoon it was very good weather for a late october afternoon. So I took the keys and put the bleu one outside. Alas not for a stroll, but to give it a good wash and, more important to fit the bumpers and skirts. That last job went very easy, the rear bumper too. The front bumper I already fitted last week.
The rear bumper is ready to paint. But I wanted to fit it to see how it looked on the car. This bumper has a hole on the underside, the former owner had a towing hook fitted. That hole is not in sight when fitted.

The ignition is still not good. I have to do it properly: poor some petrol in hte carburettors, the battery works, though not perfect, has to be fully loaded, or I'll swap the Fiat's battery in the Alfa. The petrol in the fuel tank is not good anymore. New petrol will energize the ignition.

I can't find the peace of mind these days, my job search is more important. Job interviews here and there: went to Gent, Belgium on tuesday, to Utrecht on wednesday.

The new ventilated brakes are very good, though rusty. I started by sanding, the rubbers seem to be OK. Here I had some older brakes, but they were not very good.

I bought a used set of ventilated discs and calipers. Rather rusty but not bad. 

Some sanding...

... some disassembling...

... and the world looks different. I won't paint them, 
that don't work on calipers: heat and dirt are ruthless

Front bumper, painted and fitted

Oh yes, a residue of my works, the unfaithfull 1.3 engine.
It's for sale.  

Pip reminds me of the work for today.

Job done. 

Bumpers and skirts. The rear bumper needs painting.

But after 6 years the rear of this macchina comes alive again.

Sorry for the 4 types of wheels. 
I'm saving money for a set of tires on my refurbished Speedlines

Oh yes. This little rascal took me to Gent in Belgium, a trip of almost 500 km 
(with an unfortunate detour over Liege) on high speeds (+ 130 km/hour).
For me FIAT stands for efficient transport on low costs: I love it!


No comments: