Jul 17, 2014

Tip

Today I got a good tip from another petrolhead in my community: to clean the carburettors use brake cleanser, for the inner and outer side of the carb.



This is the current state of the left carburettor

I started cleaning today and in about 2 hours  the right carb was acceptable clean. I figure the heat outside (33 dregrees Celsius) was a disadvantage, the cleanser dried up in seconds. Luckily I bought 3 cans.

State of the right carburettor after cleaning.


Action
's got the cheapest brake cleanser. Kinda like that business.



Today I realised again I have had this car in my garage for almost 7 years, and all the time that !@#$#@$ Flemish mechanic knew the engine was bad. Still mad! How do put it nicely: I bear no grudge but when I meet Ronnie from Antwerp again, I'll ride him over with my bike: tschakka!



No comments: