Jul 20, 2014

Weber 40 IDF 68

Today the weather was ideal for cleaning my left Weber carburettor of the 1700 ccm Alfa Romeo boxer engine ad 1988. The thermometer was topping 25 degrees, outside of my shady garage. So progress was due.


The left carb before. 
The transparant toplayer is for fitting the open K&N airfilters I had on my Tulipwoodracer QV. 
It had an amazing sound! And that's all coming back in my Blue Lord soon.

When I look back on the state of this car, I'd rather restored this reliable QV in stead of this Flemish SW.
When only one could look in the future...


The left carb after, acceptably clean

The other side is acceptable too

Iconic type Weber 40 mm IDF carb

And our doggy Pip is in deep relaxation with these temperatures

The timing belt is due too, I'm already inquiring prices at Qverde and Bosman. I'm not familiar with the operation to chang the belt so I first studied some videos on the subject. This one seems the most amusing: Scotty Kilmer. I guess I'll stick to my Alfa workshop manual.

No comments: