May 25, 2014

Claustrofobia

Outside after a long time.

Finally I managed to fix the renovated subframe under the 33. While doing so, I cleaned the frontbrake calipers and put on new hoses. This was past yesterday. In the mean time I ordered a new radiator and all appropriate hoses to mount is in the blue lord. Probably by tomorrow, monday the radiator will arrive, with some internal cleaner to clean up the rusty inside of the cooling circuit. I don't know yet where that rust comes from.

I pushed the SW out of the garage today, but the front brakes aren't working right now. While cleaning the calipers I noticed the rubber of the brake cylinder was bad and in an unattentive moment I pushed too hard with my steel brush, and the rubber was torn. So, a ATE-repair kit is the next part to order for both sides, along with some new brake pads.

I hesitated to renew the front driveshaft caps. I think they're OK. I'll know it when the car is checked for the APK before I bring it for the national register (it still is a Belgian vehicle). Only when needed I'll renew the caps. It still is a low budget restoration.

Here some pictures of the proud mechanic and his dog Pip, for which I'm doing this all the way, haha ;-). I figure my wife will be happy to drive it again, too. In fact she's my main manager of motivation and money. I'm just the guy who does the job... enjoyably.

Just a picture of me and our Bracco Pip

No radiator, but is is a handsome car,already, isn't it?

No comments: