Apr 2, 2017

Giulia, oh Giulia

Oh, did I mention I drove the Giulia recently?
Our local Alfa Romeo dealer had an event to participate in, and drive the brandnew Giulia. With some doubts. (I still remember the one time we had an similar invitation of our Citroën dealer. We drove a 2CV and we were invited for the new AX to drive. That I saw as an insult for the rightious 2CV-driver) I subscribed, but I made a critical fault, one could subscribe for the Giulia Quadrifoglio, the Stelvio(!) and even the 4C(!!). I gained a place in the event and I was to drive in the (moderate) Giulia 2.0. After a few dissapointing minutes, I heard, we could drive the car without an instructor, so Martianne and I were happy to go on our own. In the slipstream of the three other cars, alas. 

But is was fun anyhow. This automatic shifting Giulia was just the car for me. Not too fast and not too expensive. The Giula Q and the Stelvio are very expensive cars, this 2.0 is available only for about 40.000 euros :-). So in about 10 years it will be within our reach. (we waited 16 years for the 156 Sportwagon!)


Giulia, oh Giulia 
(why do you have an automatic gearbox?)

Concentrating on the road and on our buddy Alfa drivers in the 4C (what a sound!)

Back on the parking lot, amazed and overwhelmed. 
And it wasn't even a Quadrofoglio!

One for us, please.

Our smiles were big when we left the Giulia on the dealers parking lot. But the fun we have in driving our own 33 Sportwagon, DIY built and costing less then 1/10 of the Giulia is undescribable.


No comments: