Jul 10, 2015

Time management

My new jobs consumes time. The Bleu Lord lies in my garage patiently. The last check up in late May wasn't good for my confidence too. Heij, is this blog about cars?

My constant search for interesting cars never leads to any new buys. But I cherish a certain satifaction in searching the odd classic. For I was given a iPhone by my boss and the train journey to Maastricht takes at least half an hour to and fro I installed the Autoscout24.de and the ebay app and the pleasure is on.

My absolute favorite for this time is the fabulous Fiat Campagnolo. It looks that original like it comes from the Eritrean desert right away. What a simple and functional vehicle. Just the four wheels, two seats and a big room for our Bracco. The front window can be layed down, ideal for our kind of temperatures today (+30 degrees Celsius). I love it.

Fiat Campagnola, archaic jeep for the desert

Simple and rational design
front window folded down
Sturdy 2 ltr engine

And the story of my Sportwagon continues. Braking is essntial and I'm not getting it done. Must I call for help of the professional?


The brakefluid reservoir over the mastercilinder

The box where the original NOS mastercilinder came out

the Ate Alfa stock mastercilinder, wrong type


Pretty costly exercise for a "pomp": € 208 ex vat

Meanwhile I ordered two new master brake cilinders and still the system doesn't do what is has to do.
Again today I fitted the second master cilinder, because the first wasn't the appropriate size. The bleeding of the system lasted and lasted. Happy me to have a daughter that played footbaal, so she has quite strong legs. During the bleeding we actually had time to follow the Prologue of the Tour de France in Utrecht.
Any way. It seems the right front wheel is not to be bleeded. Still some air comes out of the brake line, and I can't figure out what is is. I even doubt now wether the first master cilinder I ordered was just good. What a mess. For now I can only come to the conclusion that the master cilinder must hold air, so the brake line can't get any oil. Tomorrow I'll be able to do some more research.
To be continued.

No comments: