Jul 17, 2015

Happy

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Now I am a winner. I have fixed the bleeding problem of my master cilinder. It appeared to hold too much air in it, that couldn't be bled by simply pushing the brake pedal. My man at the part shop APR suggested that bleeding the master ecilinder ewas easy, just by pushing the pedal. That is not true in every case, especially not when you're installing a brandnew one.

Since the bleeding by the brakes didn't work I decided to mount the cilinder on my vice and bleeded it "virtually". Although my expectation in this method weren't very high, it did work. All of my work bench, the vice and even my floor under the bench were full of spilled dot 4 braking fluid, but there was enough in the master cilinder to let it work airless. What a bleeding mess!

Because of the greasy matters of this job I haven't taken any photographs. On the internet are numerous exemples of How To's about bleeding a master cilinder, the video of my favorite automotive V-blogger Eric the Car Guy is here.

Job done, at last. Happy DIY mechanic!




Morris, my own car guy, confronted me with a new to do list, after he inspected the bleu one a few weeks ago. The brakesjob was the trickiest. Now the headlights have to be properly adjusted, the flaring brake control light (probably the loose padwear detector cable), and the adustment of the carbs are to be done.

It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say...


No comments: