Feb 19, 2015

Disegno

From Italy it comes, Ravenna. Via Ebay it was ordered. In metall. No plastic fantastic as it came with the Bleu Lord. (I watched a sequal of Star Wars last week, master Yoda is my favourite).

It was a little bit of a gamble, to order this badge. Disegno di Pininfarina it says. And is costed only € 5! There are other badges, with less quality or smaller and more expensive: look here, or here. But I'm content and it fits too!

In the mean while I took a jarr of cleaner and pimped up the exterior. A long evening I worked cleaning the drivers' doors and subsequent side panels, and a part of the roof. There's a strange rough spray over the roof and I tried to sand it with sanding paper. Alas it was too course (1000 grain) and some stripes remained on the car. Another layer of cleaner and some muscle power (I refuse to use a machine, Karate Kid!) to redo the effect. I have to buy 1600 grain to do it carefully and properly.

Finally I changed the clock underlayment strip, just by cutting the protruding end off. A nice layer of black paint and ready (for now). My cellar was tydied up, but I didn't find the proper mark 2 strip.


Yes, from Ravenna it came.

Real designo made in Italy. Better than the original.


Polishing the doors with Commandant 4. 
When the weather is fine, I'll drive it outside and make some proper photographs.

Clock strip below.

Still wasn't able to drive the car to the garagist for a thorough check up. It's almost spring...
Found this one here and here, nice reading. Looks pretty similar to my Tulipwoodracer.





And this is my Tulipwoodracer, which donated the 1.7 dual carbs engine to the Bleu Lord

Meckie loved it.

Was a 1987 Belgian car from Bruxelles



No comments: