Jan 7, 2015

Cars

Today I was out for my work. For this purpose I was given a rental car, being a Ford Fiesta, nearly new from april 2014. The little car looks good form the outside, but I was rather shocked when I got in. It was as if I stepped in a prison, with a protruding dashboard, very thick window frames that initially blocked my view enormously. When I figured out how to start the rig, (starterbutton on the dash like my first 2CV) I couldn't get any sight of the road near the car. By driving forward, but certainly by driving backward: that was frightening!

Driving in the Fiesta on the other hand, is pleasant once used to the view through the little windows. The engine sounds like a three-cylinder in lower rpm's. The steering is very direct with a nice thick steering wheel (I had a luxurious version with leather seats, airconditioning and ABS), handling on hard roads is very good.

My problems with this car were the very claustrofobic interior, the worthless sight on the road, the lowprofile tires on wet sandy roads. And, this may sound awkward, the many buttons and lights on and under the dash. Even the cupholder had a red ring light around. Compare this to dash in the video in my latest post.

I guess I'm getting oldfashioned.






Luckily I could leave the Ford behind an enjoy the landscape.


The Blue one's still waiting, for warmer days to get it out of the garage.


No comments: