Oct 5, 2014

The connection

After the marriage, last week, I had a fun time connecting the fuel-, water-, and electric lines together. The water gave some problems. Because I used the old hose between the waterpump and the thermostat, the connection was not correct and some water ran out. After demounting and replacing the clamp to fasten the hose, the problem was over.
The electrical system was a little more work, but not that much. The QV engine had one electric wire more than the SW, so the joined to the electrical tree in the car was to adapt. In stead of 9 wires 10 came frome the engine. So I had to figure out what wire was the additional one. Luckily this extra wire  was a bleu and white one after comparsion with the SW-wires, and went to the front of the car and was loose on both sides of the car. I guess it were the cables for the fog lights. An accesoire on the QV. My SW doesn't have any fog lights, and I intent not to mount them in the future. Problem solved.
Now I had to loosen the wires form the bigger 12-pole joined and put them in hte smaller SW 9-pole joined. That was half an our fiddling, cutting the upper pipes of the male joined and pushing the connecting cable end out of the joined. From the 9-pole I just teared the cables out, and removed the connecting cable ends. Colour by colour I pushed the QV-cables in the 9-pole joined and clicked the to parts together. Hopefully all works well.
That's my job for the weekend: checking the joineds, the water and fuel connections wit ha running engine. mernawhile I'll have to put the exhaust under the car and mount the bumpers and the plastic parts on both sides.

Connecting the loose ends, placing the radiator and fan, filling the reservoirs, checking for leaks.

Adjusting the electrical wires

All neat and clean under the newly placed bonnet.
 I'm hesitating to place the sound insulation under the bonnet.

In fact is looks really chaotic now with all the wires and pipes.
But the K & N performance airfilters (broodtrommels/ lunchboxes) look good, don't they?
 They make the boxer sound really wild!

I even had some time to wath this nice video of a very nice Land Rover, I could fall in love with.
While on the Petrolicious site, and being an Alfa addict, check this one of the very special Alfa Romeo Giula Sprint Speciale. The maker of this car Conrad Stephenson reveals the very essence ot the Alfa Romeo carmake.

No comments: