Oct 22, 2014

Ignition

Now my engine is OK, the subframe is mounted and OK, the exhaust is fitted, the Bleu Lord must run.
Last weekend I charged the battery and fitted it into the engine compartment.
When I wanted to close the circuit and connect the battery my engine spontaneously wanted to start. Luckily the gearbox was in neutral, so nothing worse happened. Something must be wrong here.
I checked the ignition lock and there was no key. When I put in the key it was in the startmode (ST). Normally the key is locked in the lock when not on neutral, this lock gave the key away even in the Ignition and ST-mode. When I switched the lock to neutral and connected the battery again, it started again???
So I changed the lock. Now the key couldn't get out when in the ST-mode. In neutral the engine didn't start whith connected battery. Turning the key learned the engine started in the second ignition mode. I couldn't check the windows or windscreenwipers because the engine was starting again.
Strange. I must have made an error in sliding the lock into the housing on the steering column.
I don't know what might be the problem in connecting the lock in the housing, my manual has nothing on this subject. I have to ask my forum members on the SCARB-site.

Charged battery in refurbished battery-compartment

Original lock of the Bleu Lord, switched with another lock

The lock in its housing. Removing a little screw and pushing the pin on het housing when the keys are in and the lock can be removed

The pin on the lock and the keys (completely) in the lock to put in and pull out the lock



No comments: