Dec 30, 2017

Winter works

Holidays are on. Since I bought a little petrol heater, life's better in my garage. In winter time temperatures can drop to 5 degrees C or even lower, and the temperature in my garage won't be much higher, since the door is to the cold north side.

Yesterday I fixed the right passenger's door lock of the Bleu King. It was not working good, and the electric motor which had to lock the door, did not do its job properly. Locking your car is essential in these parts of the world.

Minor works, I use to call it, and it keeps the spirit of driving a youngtimer high. Luckily the Alfa 33 is a thankful mechanic piece, so everything can be fixed with some patience and care. No special tools needed.

The problem seemed that the electic motor in hte locking mechanisme did not perform well anymore. A simple opening operation had to confirm my diagnosis.

The dismantled and opened locking motor; simple mechanics.

A little electric motor and some differential parts

the parts were all sound and complete, no wear or tear

After testing the motor, it performed fine.

The problem was that the parts were dirty of old grease

So I cleaned them with a brush

Checked the housing, it was sound, no damages.

The longitudal axle I brushed and cleaned with some petrol

The small axle I cleand, the inner wheel tube too.

Putting the parts together again, little new grease on it

The pop nails I replaced by two screws and a piece of threat.
The other nails I put back in with some gleu

Ready tot go

idem



Behold the results of my labour, or as my wife uses to recall:
"klik klak, Thei heat weer get gemak!"




No comments: