Jul 25, 2015

Clockworks


This is what my tachimetre does. By starting the car, the clock starts running and when not stopped by pushing the daytripcounter, it stays all the way "behind the nill". When driving ths clock again starts running upwards. When it is stopped during the drive, it displays the speed seemingly properly.

I'v checked the cable, the sensor (for what it's worth, it's a closed unit) and the contacts. All seems well. I figure the clock itselves picks up a signal that's not right. So I've to dismount it again and check the contacts inside.


Rain came over the garage. So I drove it on blocks

This is snice working, but with wet tires not easy to use.

the sensor and the cable are looking good.

The contacts also are really clean

During my (fairly illegal) testdrive a 156 Sportwagon came up behind me and followed me in my street. I know the guy, he lives a few streets away and drives, beside the Sportwagon an Alfetta chromebumper in the same color as the Bleu Lord. So I guess he was as surprised as I was when I saw his bleu Alfetta. And that in his own neighbourhood.



A similar Alfetta. By the way, this one is for sale

No comments: