Apr 28, 2015

Tires are emotion too!

After rethinking and contemplating about the tires I thought I had made a good choice; either Vredesteins or Michelins. Standing at the desk of my tireman of trust, he mentioned the very dry bodyrubber of the Michelins Energy Savers after three years... sic. The Vredesteins had not a long life, because of the easy wear.  So the good man mentioned that an Italian car must have Italian wheels, so he advised the Pirelli's Cinturato P1 Verde. A tire that also ended in the top 5 of the AutoWeek (Auto Bild) test, I got from a collegea.
So the Pirelli's were ordered (despite the relativly high fuel consumption, the one argument that initially was important for me). At least this tire has an aerodynamic flank... Pirelli doesn't even mention fuel consumption in their details. Below the noise reduction in the car is mentioned as being low. the test results in from the ANWB mentioned relatively high noise outside the car.



Did I mention the Continental Premium contact 5 ended in both test in the first place? But somehow I think these rather stiff and dull tires wouldn't become the graceful Bleu Lord...
Cars are emotion and I figure Alfisti are extra emotional about their cars. At least I am.



No comments: