Apr 4, 2015

Finally

Yesterday I made up the works to be done on the Bleu Lord. Slowly I'm becoming used to the new workrythm and travels from my home to and fro Maastricht. And an extra day off helps to get things done. Like yesterday I cleaned the roof from the last bit of spay dust that was on the car. Additionally I got the car out of the garage, to make a list with the works to be done.
That was a short list:
- new windscreenwipers,
- new tyres,
- another check on the brakes (bleeding the systme that's still spongy on the pedal) and
- a technical check up before transferring the car to a Dutch registration.

The tyres will be brandnew and from an A-label. I ordered Michelin Energy Saver Plus tyres for 300 euros a set, fitted, balanced and all. Not a bargain, but safety first and my experience with Michelins is good. When I drove my 2CV, I never changed a tyre. Also on the Tulipwoodracer, my QV where Energy Saver tyres. They weren't new when I bought the car and they still had 3 to 4 mm profile, before they ended in my cellar, after a good 40.000 km by myself. The ride is comfortable, and fuel saving and noise reduction is good. In a few weeks these jobs will be done and the car can be driven on the public road.
I hope the steering gets lighter when the new tyres are fitted. One of my future works will be fitting a power steering. The parts are already resting in my cellar.


In my optimism I took a few pictures in a pale sun. Let me know by a comment if you like what you see.

This was in 2006 (Tulipwoodracer as dailey driver)...


... this is 2015! (Fiat Punto)









No comments: