Feb 1, 2015

Just a little spin on my entranceway


The adjustment of the engine is about, so sometimes I start the engine and take the Blue Lord for a little spin on my entranceway. It's enough to put the whole house in a fogg, since the spectators aren't willing to close the door. But hey, it's my 33 that's going out! And listen to that sound...



The clock in the Blue Lord is the clock of a type 3. The speedometer counts to 220, in the QV it goes to 240. Because I want to trim the Blue Lord as it looks like a QV, I want to go all the way. The clock out of my old QV I kept in my cellar. Providence? But the clock wasn't good, the speedoneedle was nervous, and at last it didn't work at all. Now five ( or is it more?) years later I got it out of my cellar and overhauled it.
Some minor adjustments were necessary. The speedo form the 1.3S was a type 3 speedo, it came with a little dome over teh clocks that was closed above the steering wheel. The 'original' QV dome wasa type 2 dome with no closing at the underside. The connectors of the clock however fitted and functioned as changed. Well on my entranceway I only nearly reached the 240 kmh, so the check was'nt complet (haha).


Two screws on both sides to loosen, just above the steering axle.



Lifting the clock after removing the four screws underneath the clock.

The type 3 clock in the 1.3S SW from 1989 comes with the glass before the clocks.



The 240 kmh-clock out of my QV, anno 1987, no glass.

Type 2 clock from above, with the short fitting rods.

Old dome type 2 (below) new dome type 3

The type 2 dome with the side mounting wholes. To fit in in the dash I had to make
new corresponding wholes in the dashboard.

The dome fits, though not perfectly.

The fitting rods of the clock on the front side were too short for the QV-clock. 
I used the ones of the type 3 clock.



The steering wheel adjustment I tightened so the
 wheel didn't come loose anymore while turning a short corner.

Connectors fitted 1 by 1

Type 3 clock, backside
QV, type 2 clock, backside.
I carefully sanded the conncectors and changed all the broken little lamps.


A iron strip of the type 3 clock now still protrudes out of the dash. 
That item I still have to swap. I must have a type 2 strip in my cellar.

I also changed the inner works of my steering wheel to attach it properly to the wheel. 
Some pins had come off in the process of restaration.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 
Can't move a foot without the little rascall. 
And she likes the Alfa.


No comments: